OFFICE HOURS: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
In the office you can make reservations, purchase snacks, gifts and RV/camping supplies supplies. We are happy to help you rent kayaks, personalize your travel itinerary and answer questions. You are welcome to sit on the front porch with morning coffee, charge your mobile device, borrow a book from the lending library or join the conversation with other campers.
CHECK-IN TIME: 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
If you do arrive early we’ll ask that you park to the side until check-in time.
You are welcome to walk the beach, take a picnic or throw horse shoes during while you wait.
CHECK-OUT TIME: 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
If you would like to stay later than 11:00 AM, please come up to the office to re-register or to check site availability. Our staff needs time to prepare for the next guests arriving on that site. There will be no refunds issued for early departures or inclement weather.
Quiet hours, 10:00 PM- 7:00 AM. No Exceptions.
We ask that children return to their sites and no group gatherings after 9:00 P.M. Voices carry in the still of night, so be respectful of this time so everyone gets a good night’s sleep. Be mindful of your early morning routine, as well, which can be just as disturbing.
Firewood may be purchased at camp store. You may not bring any firewood into the campground unless it is kiln dried, dimensional lumber. You are probably familiar with the reasons for this policy but if you want to learn a bit more about protecting our forests click here.
- Cutting or any other damage to trees or shrubbery is strictly prohibited.
- Foraging for wood on the beach or wooded area is not allowed.
- Fires are permitted in fireplaces only.
- Fires must be attended at all times and extinguished upon retiring.
- Fireplaces have been inspected by the local fire marshal and may not be moved or relocated by guests.
- Grills are available at front desk.
Put your fire out:
Because you can endanger those around you, this is one of the most important camping rules, regardless of where you go. Be sure to put out your fire before bed, before heading out for the day, or when you leave the site at the end of your stay. The general rule of thumb is to make sure the coals or ashes are cold.
Free high speed wireless internet connection 24 hours a day, the playground, laundry area, recreation hall and store. Satellite TV is set up in the Rec. Hall. Ask the office for the best sites for satellite reception.
CAMPING with YOUR PET
Pets are welcome provided:
- One pet per site unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Please remind your guests that they may not bring pets into the campground.
- Aggressive behavior, barking, or generally disruptive dogs will not be tolerated.
- You must clean up after your dog immediately.
- All pets must be kept on a 6 foot or shorter leash at all times and are never left unattended.
- Dogs must be with you at all times and not be left behind at your site or in the RV.
- Current rabies and distemper vacations papers require.
- Dogs are not allowed in any of the rental trailers.
There is a large, enclosed dog park for you to play with your pet off-leash! Wooded trails are available at the campground as well.
- Adults are responsible for their childrens’ actions, safety and conduct.
- Please remind them that the ocean bankings are off limits no matter how tempting the shortcut…and cutting through other campsites is very bad manners.
- All children under 10 must be supervised by an adult on the playground, in the recreation hall, at the beach and in the bathhouse at all times.
- All children should be back at their campsites at dark…and you need to be there to supervise them.
- All children are required to wear bicycle helmets while riding their bikes.
- Please make sure that all bicycles are on site before dark.
We reserve the right to limit the number of guests at any site.
- You are responsible for the conduct of your guests.
- All guests must register at the office before entering the park and must pay a $8.00 per person day use fee.
- Ignoring this rule will cost you $25.00 and your guests will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- Guests must park in visitor parking unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Guests may stay as long as they like provided they go home by 9 PM
We regret that guests may not bring pets into the park…even for a little while.
Clothes lines are permitted if attached to your RV or Tent (not the trees, the cars or any other object) and do not interfere with the enjoyment of other guests.
Dryers and clothes lines are provided in the laundry area.
Sparklers are the only fireworks permitted in the campground.
Anyone using fireworks will be asked to leave without a refund. No exceptions.
Facts about fireworks:
- They have too much potential for burning down our woods. This is a very serious concern.
- They inevitably leave trash on the ground or in the river/ocean even when you think you picked up all of it.
- They make loud noise that may disturb other guests or their pets.
- One vehicle per site. Additional parking is available (additional fee may apply).
- Wilderness camping area restricted to designated parking lot.
- Please do not unload ATV’s, dirt bikes, and gas powered carts; they are not allowed in the campground.
- Parking in roads or unoccupied sites or is prohibited.
- Car/RV washing is prohibited.
All RVs and Trailers must be backed onto the site.
No exceptions will be made as this is an emergency safety feature recommended by the fire department.
Pull-thrus may be available so that two camping parties can setup facing one another.
In an effort to keep campground traffic to a minimum, electric golf cart use is restricted to individuals with mobility issues.
A certificate of insurance will be required that shows coverage of $500,000 for both personal injury and property damage.
The policy shall include a rider indemnifying Searsport Shores Ocean Campground from any and all damages which may arise from the use and operation of the golf cart on campground property.
This certificate shall be on file with the Campground Office prior to the use of the golf cart and must state that your unit is covered off of your premises.
Be a Good Neighbor
Don’t cut through campsites. People pay to be at the campground, making the site their personal space for the duration of their stay. Please don’t intrude just to save a few minutes on your walk to the bathrooms or the beach.
Use lowlights: When driving through the campground or unloading your car in the dark, turn off your headlights and use your lowlights. For those around you, the bright lights can disturb sleep. Once you arrive at the campground, use lanterns and flashlights.
Please keep driving to a minimum on the campground roads. It makes it better for all. Thank you.
We hope you understand that these policies have been established to insure a quality camping experience for everyone. Any violation of these rules will result in prompt dismissal and forfeiture of all fees.
RESERVATIONS and DEPOSITS
Reservations are suggested and may be made using Mastercard or Visa cards or personal checks. A 50% deposit is required to reserve a site. If a check is used, please send it within 10 days.
For stays over holidays, all site fees must be paid at the time of reservation and are non-refundable. The balance of site fees is due upon registration.
During July and August, there is a 7-night minimum on oceanfront RV site reservations and a 4-night minimum on gold tent sites; otherwise a 3-night minimum applies on oceanfront sites during the off-peak season. One night stays are more than welcome but cannot be reserved in advance.
- Cancellations made at least fourteen days prior to the scheduled arrival date will be refunded, less a one-night stay.
- Cancellations made fewer than fourteen days in advance are non-refundable but may be re-scheduled when possible.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of arrival date will not be refunded or rescheduled.
Single Night Reservations are totally non-refundable.
We are sorry, but there are no refunds in the event of illness, emergency, inclement weather or other circumstances that are beyond our control.
Your site fee includes one RV or tent and two adults, 3 children under 17 years old. Each additional person sleeping in your RV/tent will be charged a $12.00/night guest fee.
Only one RV or tent will be allowed on gold/platinum camping sites. With prior authorization, a small tent may be added to other sites to accommodate children.